Hepatits C consequences
Jul 8, 2008
Dr. Barbara, what are the consequences, health wise, of acquiring hep c at any time in our lives? Worst later in life or earlier;and other complications related to this virus. Sorry for the generality of my question, just give some facts... Thanks and regards.
Response from Dr. McGovern
There is actually some information on this. It appears from several studies that getting HCV later in life (after age 40) can be associated with faster liver disease progression than getting it early in life (eg, early 20s). Also, treatment is more successful in younger patients than older patients.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Bumps On Penis A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Ache In Testicles After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dark Bumps After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.