|HIV and HCV raises infection risk??
Jul 8, 2008
if i used condoms for both oral and vaginal sex and partner had both hep c and HIV are the odds of contracting both at same time higher than e.g. those of getting HIV alone?
Response from Dr. McGovern
This is a good question although there aren't very good data on this topic. Some information suggests that HIV infected patients have higher levels of HCV virus in their blood. However, it is not clear that this translates into a higher chance of transmitting HCV to others. There is any good data to suggest that HCV increases the chance of transmitting HIV.
Hepatits C consequences
- Odds Of Getting AIDS Erotic Massage
- Odds Of Infection Masturbation With Saliva
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Receptive Anal Sex With Condom
- Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation And HIV Transmission Risk
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Does Gardasil Work If Already Have Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.