acute hcv

I believe that I was infected with HCV either May '07 or Nov. '07 through sex. Negative for HCV antibodies 7/07 and 9/07. Positive for HCV antibodies and viral load 4/08.

Began treatment with Pegasus and Copegus 5/08. Am HIV+.

What chance do you think I have of clearing the virus? No genotype testing done; doctor believes HCV infection is acute and I am scheduled to do 48 weeks treatment.

Thank you.

I believe your chances are EXCELLENT. It is very helpful to know these dates of when you were last negative since it helps to date the "age" of your infection.

Although we like to treat patients within about 12 weeks, we have treated many later on (eg, 9-12 months later) and they have done well.

I agree with your doctor that combination therapy would be best. You are in good hands.

I predict a high chance of success as long as you take your medications with excellent adherence.

Can I rest my case now; please help pregnant woman!
HIV and HCV raises infection risk??