Can I rest my case now; please help pregnant woman!

Dear doctor!

Thank you for the great job you are doing helping others on your freetime! You are a wonderful person!

Would you please tell me have I done enough testing. I had a low risk incidence but Im very worried since I just found out Im pregnant.

After exposure I had HCV-RNA (qualitative) and HCV antibody tests done at 6 weeks post exposure, both negative, AND same test set HCV-RNA and HCV antibody done at 12 weeks post exposure, both negative again.

Is this enough? Do you think that I can put this behind and concentrate on my baby from now on?

Thank you so much for your help!

We usually test out to six months to be conservative; however, I will tell you that the vast majority of people with HCV develop antibodies at 12 weeks so I think you should feel comfortable and reassured by this news.

Best of luck to you and the baby...

drinking alcohol
acute hcv