Jul 8, 2008
I was diagnosed with hep-c and was cured from pegasys RBV therapy.My liver is at stage3.Can I drink alcohol,and could it start my virus again?So my question is would a few beers hurt me?
Response from Dr. McGovern
You will definitely want to discuss this with your doctor as well.
I personally would advise maybe one or two beers on a weekend - but that is it. You had a lot of scarring and it will take a long time for this to improve. Drinking alcohol should be kept to a minimum.
Congrats on the great HCV outcome!
Can you get HCV from drink/food if there is boold?
Can I rest my case now; please help pregnant woman!
- Does HIV Cause Pain In Penis?
- Itchy Skin Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.