|Please test Panel Results
Jul 8, 2008
I have ordered Hep B panel test.
1.HbsAg :Negative 2.HBcAB IgM :Negative 3.HBeAg :Negative 4.Anti-HBe :Positive 5.Anti-HBc Positive 6.Anti-Hbs :Positive ( Value is 1678 ui/ml)
My ALT is 60 and GGt is 70.
A). Am I protected? why my ALT and GGT are high?
B).Can you please advise what I need to do?
C). Since my IgM is Negative shall assume my infection is more than six month old?
d). Is it good sign to have Anti-Hbe
Response from Dr. McGovern
It appears that you have had past hepatitis B infection since your core and surface antibodies are positive. HOwever, you appear to have cleared your infection.
I am uncertain why your liver function tests are positive. I would ask your doctor to check for hepatitis C and other causes of liver disease.
hepatitis B and Fatty liver
Could I have aids or hepatitis?
- Sex With A Prostitute And HIV Transmission Risk
- Cold Feet After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.