Positive Hep B Core IGM

I recently came up with a positive Hepatitis B Core AB-IGM test. My Dr. and I assumed it was a false positive but another test also came up positive.

I went to a specialist who ordered further tests. Today the results came back and the Core AB-IGM was positive but everything else was negative or undetectable. The Dr. basically said only time will tell if this is going to turn chronic or if I'll be an acute case. Is this correct? Is there anything I can do to help my body fight this out so I can get past it and not develop the chronic type?

If your core IgM was positive, I would expect you to have some elevations of liver function tests (eg, ALT and AST) and the presence of virus in your blood (HBV DNA).

hepa b management
hepitis c