Jul 8, 2008
My husband was diagnose as having liver cirrhosis thru a dynamic liver scan and that there were no focal masses noted and other nearby organs were noted to be normal. He is HBsAg positive which could be the possible cause of cirrhosis. What would be the possible management in his case. Would it help if HEPABIG be administer to him or just confine with liver protective agent. If HEPABIG is possible how many times would be the possible administration.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
He will need testing of his blood for HBV DNA. If he has virus, his doctors will want to treat him with an antiviral drug.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Happy Ending Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
- Can You Get Hepatitis From A Kiss?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.