Jul 8, 2008
My husband was diagnose as having liver cirrhosis thru a dynamic liver scan and that there were no focal masses noted and other nearby organs were noted to be normal. He is HBsAg positive which could be the possible cause of cirrhosis. What would be the possible management in his case. Would it help if HEPABIG be administer to him or just confine with liver protective agent. If HEPABIG is possible how many times would be the possible administration.
Response from Dr. McGovern
He will need testing of his blood for HBV DNA. If he has virus, his doctors will want to treat him with an antiviral drug.
isolated hepatitis B core antibody
- Does Hiv Cause Sore Throat That Lasts Long Time?
- When You Have Genital Warts Do You Have A Lot Of Them Or Just One Wart?
- What's The Difference Between Vaginosis And Vaginitis?
- What Will The Doctor Do If You Have Genital Warts?
- What Is The Treatment For Hair Loss From Syphilis?
- What Happens If Chlamydia Is Left Untreated?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.