isolated hepatitis B core antibody
Jul 8, 2008
I checked for hepatitis b which showed HbSAg negative,HbSab negative but presence of core antibody. HCV negative, HIV negative; ALT> 65 IU;GGT & ALP also elevated. Please,what is wrong with me and what can I do
Response from Dr. McGovern
Nothing clearly wrong. Would check the core test to see if it is core IgM or IgG since IgM would mean recent infection. If this is the case, your surface antibody should become positive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If You Catch Hiv In Its Early Stages Can It Be Cured?
- Would My Boyfriend Get Chlamydia If I Didn't Tell Him The First Time
- What Medication Is Used To Treat Chlamydia?
- What Kind Of Doctor Treats Male Genital Warts?
- What Does It Mean To Be Exposed To Herpes?
- What Helps To Heal Shingles Sores?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.