|isolated hepatitis B core antibody
Jul 8, 2008
I checked for hepatitis b which showed HbSAg negative,HbSab negative but presence of core antibody. HCV negative, HIV negative; ALT> 65 IU;GGT & ALP also elevated. Please,what is wrong with me and what can I do
Response from Dr. McGovern
Nothing clearly wrong. Would check the core test to see if it is core IgM or IgG since IgM would mean recent infection. If this is the case, your surface antibody should become positive.
Acute or Chronic HBV
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Sharing A Toothbrush
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Tattoo
- Itchy Skin Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.