Acute or Chronic HBV

I am twenty-six years of youth and just found out that I have HBV. I tested positive. My Sypmtoms cleared up within a week's time. I researched that 94% of adults clear infection. My doctor recommended that I see a GI specialist. I would like to know if my status is acute or chronic.

If it is acute, then there's a chance that it may clear on its own? What should I do? The doctors are not telling me much.

It sounds like you just developed acute hepatitis B infection. Yes most adults clear this on their own. The chance of chronic disease is low. You should have repeat testing in six months to be certain that you cleared. People in your house and your sexual partners should be vaccinated against HBV. Depending on your risk, you may also need testing for HIV and Hepatitis C.

Shelter Exposure
isolated hepatitis B core antibody