Losing my mind please answer!

Hello Dr. I have recently been stressing out about something and I wanted to know if you could help! I was at a party and I accidently cut my hand on a nail, now this cut was not a big cut at all. However, at the party I shook hands with this guy and right after I was sitting right next to him and he commented on how his thumb couldn't stop bleeding. The jerk shook hands with me when he had a bleeding cut on his thumb, rude. Can you please tell me if HIV or Hep C could be contracted in this manner?

My cut was very small and recieved an hour before, his was bleeding....should I worry or no?

If you did not notice blood covering your small cut, then I would not pursue this. If you are feeling uncertain about the exposure, sometimes testing gives peace of mind and it sounds like you are certainly stressed about this. I am sure it will be negative.

I would also hope that if this person was so careless like that, that he knew he was uninfected.

hepa b?
hepatitis