|HBsAG (ELISA) method
Jul 8, 2008
hi, ELISA is a framework or a method that involves testing for the presence of antibodies by using antigens. this method can be used to detect both HBV and HIV infection right?
if a test is performed for HBsAG using ELISA, does it also "automatically" cover test for HIV infection? or should a HIV 1 test be performed separately?
meaning, are the antibodies generated for both HBV and HIV infection same?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
No these tests would be completely separate.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIV 1 AND 2 ANTIBODY TEST BY ELISA METHOD
- Is Stinging Pain A Symptom Of HIV?
- Night Sweats Worried It Could Be Ars
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.