I still don't understand HBV results, can you explain?

My doctor did the panel test, and it states that Heb Surface Ab is <.1 meaning inconsistency with Immunity? What does that mean? Then for HBsAg confirmation is Positive Abnormal, I think it means that I do have it, but not sure if it's chronic or acute. The Hep B Core Ab, IGM was negative. My doctor says that means my liver is ok, but can you expand? I'm trying to figure out how I contract and when?

thanks.

You will need further testing to see if you have virus in your blood. That is the only way to see if you are an inactive or active carrier of HBV. Check a HBV DNA

Is Hep. C contageous?
clearing hepatitis C infection