|Is Hep. C contageous?
Jul 8, 2008
i have a health care worker coming here and she tells me she has hepatitus C. do i have to worry about getting the infection from her?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C is only spread by blood to blood contact - like injection drug users sharing needles. It can less commonly spread through sexual intercourse, particularly with associated trauma.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Fluid Buildup Around Eyes And Blurred Vision Be Caused By A Viral Infection Or Hiv?
- Can You Recover From Hiv?
- If I Have A Small Closed Cut On My Finger Is There A Chance Of Getting Hiv?
- Z Pack And Chlamydia
- Will A Pap Smear Come Back Abnormal If You Have Hpv?
- Where Is Gonorrhea Found In The Body?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.