Jun 22, 2008
I did test positive for hepatitis B and i and pregnant. Is there any chance that it will not spread and can i be given medication.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
You will need to discuss with your physician to determine the level of the virus in your blood. You will need follow-up in your pregnancy. Then your baby will receive HBV vaccine and immunoglobulin after birth to protect her or him.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Causing Joint Pain
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Warts On Your Hands?
- What Are The Most Common Std's Among Teens?
- Anyone Ever Tested Negative At 3 Months Retest Positive Later
- Are Pep Treatments Effective If Given Within Enough Time?
- Can Antiviral Drugs Mask Test Results?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.