Jun 22, 2008
I did test positive for hepatitis B and i and pregnant. Is there any chance that it will not spread and can i be given medication.
Response from Dr. McGovern
You will need to discuss with your physician to determine the level of the virus in your blood. You will need follow-up in your pregnancy. Then your baby will receive HBV vaccine and immunoglobulin after birth to protect her or him.
Healing cut a risk?
My future life is on hold..bec HIV
- Is Dry Cough A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Pain In Penis A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is Rash A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Black Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.