HCV and HIV Coinfection

I am concerned because of a blood test at an HIV clinic where they conducted a blood draw from HCV. I began getting ill and was hospitalized for abdonimal and pelvic pain within two and one half weeks of the incident. Since that time, I have had pelvic and abdominal pain before during and after menses and sore throat and rash. My wuestion is: Despite my symtombs for which I have had pelvic ultrasounds, exrays, etc. and every blood test udner the sun. I have had neg. HIV -1 PRC RNA at 12 days, 28 days and 50 days and neg. HEP C test at 2 weeks, and viral load at 50 days, I am still very concerned, given the injected needle, that a dirty needle was used on a prior HIV patient before me. Is it necessary,given a needle injection, to wait after 12 motnhs to have a definitie ruling should there be a possible co-infection with HIV and Hep C? I am completely in pain and anxious because of my ongoing symptoms. PLease help with any comments you can provide.

I doubt your abdominal or pelvic pain is related to HIV or HCV. I would see your gyn doctor for a pelvic examination and further evaluation.

Please HELP!!!!!!
hiv-hepatitis b treatment