Confusing answers in the archives!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 22, 2008
Dr. McGovern, If someone was worried about exposure to Hep C and HIV coinfection, and they got tested at 6 months, would that test be conclusive?
So basically, is a 6 month negative test conclusive for Hep C and HIV coinfection?
Thank you in advance!
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes - this would be conclusive.
The only reason to test further out for HIV at 12 months would be IF - and only IF - the person got ACUTE hepatitis C infection from that same exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms Sign Of Seroconversion
- Sex With A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- AIDS Infection Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Black Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.