Confusing answers in the archives!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 22, 2008
Dr. McGovern, If someone was worried about exposure to Hep C and HIV coinfection, and they got tested at 6 months, would that test be conclusive?
So basically, is a 6 month negative test conclusive for Hep C and HIV coinfection?
Thank you in advance!
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes - this would be conclusive.
The only reason to test further out for HIV at 12 months would be IF - and only IF - the person got ACUTE hepatitis C infection from that same exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Runny Nose Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Seroconverting After Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Diarrhea After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.