|PLEASE TELL ME IF MY TEST IS CONCLUSIVE!!!!! I WANT TO GET ENGAGED!!!!!!!
Jun 15, 2008
Hello, I recently had an exposure to Hep C. I decided to get tested, can you please tell me if these results are conclusive?
I had a Hep C antibody test at 14 weeks and it came back negative!
I then requested that my doctor give me an HCV RNA PCR QUALITATIVE blood test.(I did not want to wait another 3 months) The test was taken at 19 weeks after exposure! My results then came back negative!
1) With the antibody test and the HCV RNA PCR test BOTH BEING NEGATIVE,would you say that I can move on with my life and not worry about my exposure again? Would you say my tests are conclusive?
On a side note, I wanted to thank you because I think the service you do hear is very respectable and I truly hold you with the highest regards! You really help many people and you should be proud of the work you do here! Thank you in advance!
Response from Dr. McGovern
Since viremia precedes antibody formation, and your virus test (PCR) was at 19 weeks, I would consider the testing done.
Congratulations in advance and thank you for your very kind words...
hiv and hbv
hepitis c and b together
- Getting Rid Of Buffalo Hump On Back Of Neck
- Can You Get Hiv From Touching Infected Blood?
- Hiv Symptoms After 8 Weeks
- Can I Know If I'm Hiv Positive After 2 Weeks Of Infected?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- What Is The Best Way To Treat Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.