|hiv and hbv
Jun 15, 2008
my friend has hiv and hbv... latest cd4 307 his dr will consider meds waiying the vl result... my question is what best combo as a start for an hiv and hbv postive patient ,, should it contain certainly lamivudine or not necessary,,, although currently good liver enzymes... and normal ultrasound
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The treatment will also depend on whether he has any virus in his blood. If he has chronic hepatitis B then a great combination medication to include as part of the HIV treatment regimen is Truvada - this combines lamivudine and tenofovir.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Eating Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling Lips After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Amoxicillin To Treat Vaginal Infections
- Constant Watery Vaginal Discharge
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.