|High ALT levels
Jun 15, 2008
These are my test results as shown below: 30 May 2008, Liver Bilirubin (Total): 12 umol/l ( 0-24 ) Alkaline Phosphatase: 76 units ( 40-110 ) GGT: 51 units ( 0-60 ) ALT: 74 units ( 0-45 ) H AST: 35 IU/L ( 0-45 )
Should I be concerned about high ALT levels?
Response from Dr. McGovern
You should have evaluation for possible causes of hepatitis which can include viruses, medications, alcohol, fatty liver, and other conditions. I would first recheck to see if they stay mildly elevated.
Help with Hepatitis profile test and medical advise
AM I A HEPATITIS B PATIENT IF MY HBsag is "non reactive"?
- Itchy Rash During Window Period
- Cold Feet After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling Lips After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- Does Ciprofloxacin Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.