Jun 15, 2008
MY HBV-DNA IS 6,061 iU/ml. IS THIS NON-REACTIVE OR ACTIVE? DO I NEED TREATMENT? TNX
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I can't tell you whether or not you need treatment based only on this lab test. Other factors are important including your serial ALT monitoring, the duration of your infection, etc. However, if you have viremia, you do have chronic infection if this has been documented for more than 6 months.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Oral Ulcers A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Tingling Lips A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Sex With A Prostitute Afraid I Have AIDS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Blisters After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.