Jun 15, 2008
MY HBV-DNA IS 6,061 iU/ml. IS THIS NON-REACTIVE OR ACTIVE? DO I NEED TREATMENT? TNX
Response from Dr. McGovern
I can't tell you whether or not you need treatment based only on this lab test. Other factors are important including your serial ALT monitoring, the duration of your infection, etc. However, if you have viremia, you do have chronic infection if this has been documented for more than 6 months.
Should I still worry about HBV?
- What Does Herpes Do To Immune System?
- What Are The Side Effects Of Genital Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes When No Outbreaks?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
- Can You Transmit Hpv When You Have No Warts?
- Things That Look Like Genital Warts But Are Not
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.