|worried sick! Anti Hbc
Jun 15, 2008
Is there any way of knowing if someone was previously infected with hep b - my question is...what exactly does Anti Hbc IgG and IgM test for? if the test is non reactive does it mean that the person never had the infection? thank u
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If the hepatitis B core IgG is non-reactive, then the person was not exposed. The IgM is positive in recent infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hepatitis Itching Red Rash
- Can A Standard Blood Test Detect Hiv?
- Risks Of Getting Hiv With Positive Bottom
- Can I Be Exposed To Hiv And Test Negative For Two Years Then Test Positive?
- How Long Can A Person Be Infected With Hiv Before Showing Signs Of Infection?
- Can Cytomegalovirus Cause Miscarriage?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.