|co-infection and heart disease
Jun 8, 2008
Dr. McGovern, Since I am on both HIV meds and heart meds, I was told by the liver specialist that the treatment for my HCV would kill me. Do you advocate any natural remedies that may have worked for others? My CD4 and viral loads for the HIV are good, but the HCV is over 1 million copies.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
There are not really any great studies with "natural remedies"...Milk thistle is not harmful; some advocate vitamin E because it is an anti-oxidant. However, neither have been shown to slow down disease progression.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can I Get Herpes From One Kiss?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes From Infected Person?
- What If Your Chlamydia Gets Worse?
- What Can Treat Recurring Shingles?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Ways To Contract Genital Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.