co-infection and heart disease

Dr. McGovern, Since I am on both HIV meds and heart meds, I was told by the liver specialist that the treatment for my HCV would kill me. Do you advocate any natural remedies that may have worked for others? My CD4 and viral loads for the HIV are good, but the HCV is over 1 million copies.

My main concern would be to avoid alcohol, which can further hasten scarring in patients with HCV. I would also be certain to have immunization (if needed) for hepatitis A and B.

There are not really any great studies with "natural remedies"...Milk thistle is not harmful; some advocate vitamin E because it is an anti-oxidant. However, neither have been shown to slow down disease progression.

how rough is rough
test result