|co-infection and heart disease
Jun 8, 2008
Dr. McGovern, Since I am on both HIV meds and heart meds, I was told by the liver specialist that the treatment for my HCV would kill me. Do you advocate any natural remedies that may have worked for others? My CD4 and viral loads for the HIV are good, but the HCV is over 1 million copies.
Response from Dr. McGovern
There are not really any great studies with "natural remedies"...Milk thistle is not harmful; some advocate vitamin E because it is an anti-oxidant. However, neither have been shown to slow down disease progression.
how rough is rough
- Diarrhea After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does Azithromycin Take To Cure Chlamydia?
- If A Man Pulls Out Before He Comes Can I Still Get A Std?
- Cut By Clippers At Barber Shop Hiv Risk
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.