how rough is rough

Just wondering your take: I dated someone shortly that wanted unsafe anal sex (he is a bottom. both of us are poz and he never questioned my viral load for HIV.) Then when I told him about finding out about also having HCV he used the excuse that his doctor advised him against seeing me any further. What level of "roughness" do you consider to be "traumatic rectal sex."?

Traumatic rectal sex that is of concern is anything that would tear the skin enough to have blood to blood contact. This could facilitate transmission of HIV, HBV or less commonly HCV.

use of interferon
co-infection and heart disease