|IS MY TEST CONCLUSIVE?
Jun 8, 2008
Hello, I had an exposure to Hep C, and I decided it would be best to get tested.
I got tested for Hep C at 14 weeks and my antibody test came out negative!
At 19 weeks, I got an HCV RNA PCR and that test was negative!
Are my tests conclusive or should I test further?
Response from Dr. McGovern
About 90% of patients with acute HCV develop antibodies by 12 weeks. Your HCV RNA test was at 19 weeks and that is even better information since it is later and PCR looks for the virus itself (which comes before the antibody). I personally wouldn't continue testing.
HBV DNA PCR
- Rash After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Bactrim Ds Treat Chlamydia?
- Severe Back Pain And Vaginal Bleeding
- At What Stage Of Hiv Do You Get Itching
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.