May 24, 2008
My boyfriend told me after we had been having sex for 3 months that he has been hep. c positive for years. He got it from drug use. How long does it take to show up in blood test? I found out from him approx. 1 month ago. How soon can I get tested???
Response from Dr. McGovern
Sexual transmission of HCV can occur although much less likely than through injection drug use. It will be important to get a baseline test however. Sexual transmission is associated with traumatic anal sex and the presence of other STDs.
Very worried mother - does my child need to be tested?
- What Kind Of Skin Problems Can You Have If You Have Gonorrhea?
- What Happens If Genital Herpes Goes Untreated?
- What Does The Discharge From Chlamydia Look Like For Men?
- Can You Get Vaginosis From A Latex Condom?
- Can A Uti Cause A False Positive On Chlamydia Tests?
- Is Tea Tree Oil Used For Warts With Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.