|Elevated SGPT to 128
May 24, 2008
I have been diagnosed with herpes simplex, does Valtrex or herpes virus affect the rise in SGPT levels?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Very uncommon to see this but it has been described. I would follow up on this and your doctor may want to work up other causes of elevated liver function tests.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When Do Signs Of Herpes First Appear?
- What Part Of The Body Is Affected By Gonorrhea?
- What Medicines Are Used To Treat Bacterial Vaginitis?
- What Happens When You Have Mouth Herpes?
- What Happens When Two People Who Have Herpes Have Unprotected Sex?
- What Are The Effects If You Don't Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.