|Hepatitis C blood results
May 24, 2008
What does a undetermined Hepatitis C blood result mean?
A and B are negative but C has been undetermined.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect you mean "indeterminate".
If there is any question about your HCV antibody testing, a RIBA test, which is very sensitive and specific, can help make a firm diagnosis - either as unexposed or exposed to HCV in the past.
Elevated SGPT to 128
- Swollen Glands After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Adult Oral Thrush Symptoms
- Does Hep C Cause High Blood Pressure?
- Does Herpes Cause Harm To The Immune System?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.