|Hep C transmitted by unprotected sex
May 19, 2008
my friend's partner has hepitis C and my friend was wondering if she can have it cuz they have unprotected sex?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C can be transmitted sexually - although uncommonly between monogamous couples. The risk is not zero, so I always counsel couples together about this.
The risk appears higher in MSM in association with concurrent genital infections (such as syphilis) and traumatic rectal sex. Several case reports of acute HCV in MSM have been reported from Europe and the US.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Testicles After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can Thrush Cause A Metallic Taste In Your Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.