|Hep C transmitted by unprotected sex
May 19, 2008
my friend's partner has hepitis C and my friend was wondering if she can have it cuz they have unprotected sex?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C can be transmitted sexually - although uncommonly between monogamous couples. The risk is not zero, so I always counsel couples together about this.
The risk appears higher in MSM in association with concurrent genital infections (such as syphilis) and traumatic rectal sex. Several case reports of acute HCV in MSM have been reported from Europe and the US.
hepitis c test results
hep c 1a
- Does Burning Penis Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Ear Infection A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Bronchitis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Catch Gonorrhea Without Having Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.