HIV and High LFTs

I just tested positive for HIV after going to the dr. for a rash that turned out to be syphilis. The dr. performed the HIV test without previous consult and I had no idea one was even being performed or even given the opportunity submit to an anonymous test. My LFTs were elevated.

A/G Ratio .7 Normal 1.1-2.5

Alkaline Phospatase 434 Normal 25-150

AST 118 Normal 0-40

ALT 267 Normal 0-55

Cholesterol and triglycerides were slightly high as well but just over the limits...

I was taking NSAIDs for about three weeks because of a light fever almost everyday. I initially thought i had the flu so i thought it would pass.

I am seeing a ID specialist, as my PCP was not able to give me any other info other than that I could possible have hep due to high LFTs.

My question is: could the high LFTs be a result of syphilitic hepatitis? or possibly due to the NSAIDs usage and should my LFTs return to normal now that i've completed my treatment for secondary syphillis? Or is it more likely due to hepatitis a or b?

These are all excellent questions. Yes, it is possible that this is simply related to hepatitis viruses. However, there is something called "syphilitic hepatitis" which could certainly cause this and the elevated alkaline phosphatase is characteristic of this.

Syphilitic hepatitis should improve with treatment. Further testing for hepatitis viruses is routine and will certainly be performed.

HOW DO YOU KNOW FOR SURE?????
Possible Infection?