May 10, 2008
Dear Dr. McGovern, After recent bloodtests my total cholesteral was 295,much higher than results of 2006. As im trying anxiously to rule out Hep B Or C ,from the symptoms im experiencing,is it true that Hepetitis can cause increased cholesterol? Thanks for calming my fears in previous responses. I wish you good health and good luck forever. Carlos
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Actually, hepatitis C has been reported in association with low cholesterol levels in recent reports.
I would get a full fasting lipid profile to look at your triglycerides as well. If these remain high your physician will be discussing diet and exercise and potentially medications.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bronchitis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Runny Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.