Hepa B Core Ab total Positive in infant core blood

The core blood bank sent me a letter about the test result of my 2 months old infant's core blood. It shows a positive Hepa B Core AB total. I've since had several tests and the only positive is the Hepa B core AB total. Is my child in danger of being infected with Hepa b? He just had one Hepa B vaccine.

I would discuss this with your pediatrician to fully understand what the implications may be. If you do not have hepatitis B infection, your child should not have hepatitis B infection. However, I am not certain why the blood bank has tested his or her blood. Isolated core can represent one of several things and this is why I want you to discuss it further with your doctor. It can be a false positive. It can also represent acute infection; however in this case it should be only the IgM fraction that is positive.

Please get further guidance from your doctor.

Hep B lab Results
hep b carrier