May 9, 2008
i was diagnosed with cirrosis, 412 & 200 liver levels, biopsy +, can i be treated?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It depends on whether your doctor thinks you have compensated or decompensated cirrhosis. If you have no history of fluid in the belly, confusion, bleeding, or other complications, you may be eligible for pegylated interferon and ribavirin.
You will need to discuss further with your doctor.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cortisone Injections And Hep C And Cirrhosis
- Will There Ever Be A Cure For Hpv Genital Warts Infection?
- When You Have Sex With Someone With Chlamydia Do You Immediately Get It?
- What Is The Difference Between Razor Burn And Herpes On The Vagina?
- What Is The Chance That You Have Herpes If You Have Never Had An Outbreak?
- What Are Limitations Of Haart?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.