May 9, 2008
i was diagnosed with cirrosis, 412 & 200 liver levels, biopsy +, can i be treated?
Response from Dr. McGovern
It depends on whether your doctor thinks you have compensated or decompensated cirrhosis. If you have no history of fluid in the belly, confusion, bleeding, or other complications, you may be eligible for pegylated interferon and ribavirin.
You will need to discuss further with your doctor.
Can you please tell me if my test results are conclusive????
- Will Chlamydia Go Away On Its Own?
- What Is The Chance Of Getting Herpes From Drinking From The Same Cup?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes From Infected Person?
- What Else Can Cause Blisters Besides Genital Herpes?
- What Effects Can Gonorrhea Have On The Body?
- What Are Shingles And What Do They Look Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.