May 9, 2008
i was diagnosed with cirrosis, 412 & 200 liver levels, biopsy +, can i be treated?
Response from Dr. McGovern
It depends on whether your doctor thinks you have compensated or decompensated cirrhosis. If you have no history of fluid in the belly, confusion, bleeding, or other complications, you may be eligible for pegylated interferon and ribavirin.
You will need to discuss further with your doctor.
Can you please tell me if my test results are conclusive????
- Does A Heat Pad Help Neuropathy?
- Statistics Of People Contracting Hiv From One Encounter Of Unprotected Sex
- What Age Group Is Growing Fastest In Hiv?
- Can Thrush And Yeast Be Treated At Same Time?
- How Long Does It Take For The Hiv Virus To Become Full Aids?
- How Long Do Acute Hiv Symptoms Last?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.