May 9, 2008
can i have chidren with out passing hep c on to the child
Response from Dr. McGovern
Transmission of HCV to a baby is uncommon - about 5% of the time.
Also, the chance of spontaneous clearance (without treatment) of HCV in a child is higher than in adults.
Furthermore, children who do need treatment seem to handle it well.
You will want to discuss these issues further with your physician.
Hepatitis B reactive
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Insertive Oral Sex
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Touching Used Condom
- Is Black Spots A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Blood In Urine A Sign Of AIDS?
- Is Runny Nose An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.