May 9, 2008
can i have chidren with out passing hep c on to the child
Response from Dr. McGovern
Transmission of HCV to a baby is uncommon - about 5% of the time.
Also, the chance of spontaneous clearance (without treatment) of HCV in a child is higher than in adults.
Furthermore, children who do need treatment seem to handle it well.
You will want to discuss these issues further with your physician.
Hepatitis B reactive
- Burning Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can I Get Hepatitis C From A Bite Wound?
- Can You Get Genital Warts If You've Never Had Sex?
- How Long Does The Hepatitis A Vaccine Work?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.