May 9, 2008
i have been a Hepa B positive for almost 5 years now.my life has change ever since my doctor told me that i have acquired it from my ex-bf.feels like my life is not worth living anymore,i feel so hopeless.i know that im not allowed to have sex anymore,but i did,i'm still sexually active upto now,pls.tell me what to do,i want to live a normal life like i used to.can i still get i vaccine even though a already have the HB-virus in my blood?pls.help!thank you.
Response from Dr. McGovern
1. You should see a physician regularly to see if you will need treatment. This is important since there are excellent new therapies. 2. You should counsel your partners that you need to use condoms/ or they need to be vaccinated to prevent transmission. The vaccine is very effective.
When to get tested?
Hepatitis B reactive
- How Long Does Hiv Stay In Your Body Before You Know You Have It?
- Can I Catch Hiv From Someone With A Zero Viral Load?
- Are There People Out There Who Have The Hiv Virus But Never Get Sick?
- Chances Of Hiv Transmission Saliva To Cut Skin
- Is 60 Days Enough To Wait For Hiv Test?
- Ayurvedic Hiv Treatment
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.