|When to get tested?
May 9, 2008
I had an unprotected oral sex on 3 May. even though it's just a 5 seconds fun, I'm still scared because it seemed that I tasted his pre-cum. I wonder when is the best date to get tested for Hepatitis? Thanks in advance!
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Viral hepatitis B can be transmitted through sexual intercourse where there is a risk of blood to blood exposure. I would not consider oral sex to be a significant risk and would not recommend testing.
The other issue is to see if you have been vaccinated against hepatitis B in the past. If not, you may want to get vaccinated so you are protected.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Coated Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.