|Window Preiod of Hep B
May 9, 2008
I wonder if there is any window period of Hepatitis B? Moreover, is it ok to get vaccine for Hepatitis B before any checking? Thanks in advance!
Response from Dr. McGovern
The "window period" in HBV infection refers to a time when the only marker of infection is Hepatitis B core antibody (IgM fraction).
Most patients do get testing prior to vaccine since there is a cost to immunization and it requires three shots.
When to get tested?
- Odds Of Infection Sharing A Toothbrush
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Receptive Anal Sex With Condom
- What Is The Risk Of Getting AIDS From Topping?
- Is Painful Urination An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.