|Window Preiod of Hep B
May 9, 2008
I wonder if there is any window period of Hepatitis B? Moreover, is it ok to get vaccine for Hepatitis B before any checking? Thanks in advance!
Response from Dr. McGovern
The "window period" in HBV infection refers to a time when the only marker of infection is Hepatitis B core antibody (IgM fraction).
Most patients do get testing prior to vaccine since there is a cost to immunization and it requires three shots.
When to get tested?
- Is Tingling In Feet An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.