hepB carrier

yesterday may 8,2008 was my last test and the Gastro told me not to worry about being hepB carrier because it's inactive and for short he said im not contagious. and didnt give me any med for me to take. my liver ultrasound show that im healthy. but im still confuse to when i will be able to say that im clear and free...pls help me,,,,thanks

An inactive carrier is someone who has little or no virus in their blood and normal liver function tests. This is good news.

However, I want to be clear that you do still need periodic follow-up to be certain that this remains the case. Hepatitis B status can change over time and become active. AASLD recommends follow-up ALT every 6 to 12 months if baseline is normal.

what is HBS positive
PRC Test