HIV-HCV coinfection

What is the outlook for a person newly coinfected with HIV and HCV (i.e. during 2008). Should we be truely optimistic that new drug developments will significantly increase life expectancy for coinfected individuals?

I would say a definite "Yes"!!!

The new drugs are exciting in their potency. I suspect that the addition of these agents will enable many patients to obtain a rapid virologic response which will lead to much better overall treatment outcomes.

Of course, we need to wait for the drugs to be thoroughly tested in HIV infected patients for not only efficacy, but safety as well.

Reinfected or different strain?
what is HBS positive