Apr 28, 2008
What is the outlook for a person newly coinfected with HIV and HCV (i.e. during 2008). Should we be truely optimistic that new drug developments will significantly increase life expectancy for coinfected individuals?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would say a definite "Yes"!!!
The new drugs are exciting in their potency. I suspect that the addition of these agents will enable many patients to obtain a rapid virologic response which will lead to much better overall treatment outcomes.
Of course, we need to wait for the drugs to be thoroughly tested in HIV infected patients for not only efficacy, but safety as well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dark Bumps After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Touching Rectum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.