Reinfected or different strain?

My body cleared itself of Hep C and I've had Hep B I believe. Now I'm interested in someone who hasn't had the treatment yet. We have not been sexually active at any level yet, and I'm scared of being reinfected. Would I be really sick in the beginning like the first, and then have to go through treatment? The irony is I have cancer and they are treating me with 4,500,000 units of Intron A 5x a week. Would that fend it off?

Thanks!

Interesting question about whether the intron A would prevent reinfection. I would suspect that would certainly be possible. However, I certainly wouldn't want you to get an acute hepatitis infection again. It could cause havoc with your liver tests and prevent other treatments you do need.

I would use condoms and play it completely safe.

HEP C-GENOTYPE 4-HELP
HIV-HCV coinfection