For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

HCV and HBV transmission

I'm living in Egypt where HCV widly Spread and I'm Worry about it. I would Like to Know Is It possible that HCV and HBV could be transmitted through the bite of a Flea

Yes in Egypt there is a high seroprevalence of HCV genotype 4 infection. This was traced back to use of needles to prevent a parasitic infection (schistosomiasis) - unfortunately needles were reused between patients years and years ago and that is how HCV spread. But no, HCV nor HBV is NOT spread through the bite of a flea.

hep c
When a person who cotntracts HCV is infective to others?