|HCV and HBV transmission
Apr 28, 2008
I'm living in Egypt where HCV widly Spread and I'm Worry about it. I would Like to Know Is It possible that HCV and HBV could be transmitted through the bite of a Flea
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes in Egypt there is a high seroprevalence of HCV genotype 4 infection. This was traced back to use of needles to prevent a parasitic infection (schistosomiasis) - unfortunately needles were reused between patients years and years ago and that is how HCV spread. But no, HCV nor HBV is NOT spread through the bite of a flea.
When a person who cotntracts HCV is infective to others?
- Percentage Of White Women With Hiv In America
- Is Running Chronic Low-grade Fever A Symptom Of Hiv?
- How Can A Woman Be Hiv Positive And Her Husband Hiv Negative?
- Hiv Transmission Probability With Prostitute With Condom
- What If You Drink And Eat After A Person That Has Hiv And Aids?
- When Does Diarrhea Start After Hiv Infection?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.