|HCV and HBV transmission
Apr 28, 2008
I'm living in Egypt where HCV widly Spread and I'm Worry about it. I would Like to Know Is It possible that HCV and HBV could be transmitted through the bite of a Flea
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes in Egypt there is a high seroprevalence of HCV genotype 4 infection. This was traced back to use of needles to prevent a parasitic infection (schistosomiasis) - unfortunately needles were reused between patients years and years ago and that is how HCV spread. But no, HCV nor HBV is NOT spread through the bite of a flea.
When a person who cotntracts HCV is infective to others?
- Getting Hiv Body Fluid On A Scratch
- Tested Hiv Negative After 4 Weeks
- Will Having My Genital Warts Removed Decrease My Chances Of Spreading It?
- What Kind Of Skin Problems Can You Have If You Have Gonorrhea?
- What If Had Sex After Taking The Pills For Chlamydia?
- What Are The Chances Of Transmitting Chlamydia After One Time?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.