|HCV and HBV transmission
Apr 28, 2008
I'm living in Egypt where HCV widly Spread and I'm Worry about it. I would Like to Know Is It possible that HCV and HBV could be transmitted through the bite of a Flea
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes in Egypt there is a high seroprevalence of HCV genotype 4 infection. This was traced back to use of needles to prevent a parasitic infection (schistosomiasis) - unfortunately needles were reused between patients years and years ago and that is how HCV spread. But no, HCV nor HBV is NOT spread through the bite of a flea.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Bronchitis After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Groin Pain After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Trouble Urinating After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.