hep c

i shared a straw while doing cocaine with someone i don't know too well. there was no blood on it but i know it could have been microscropic. is my risk high for hepc? im really scared. i know im an idiot!

There are no good percentages for risk of transmission of HCV through this route. However, I suspect it is low. In theory, you would need to have the bloody part of the straw communicate with some small area of bleeding from your nose to have a significant chance of transmission. It seems unlikely. You can certainly get tested and follow-up, but I wouldn't be overly concerned. The study that originally described this route did not ask patients about injection drug use, which would be the much higher route of risk.

viral load
HCV and HBV transmission