|French Kissing and Oral Sex
Apr 13, 2008
Dear Dr. McGovern,
I am wondering if it is possible to get any kind of serious disease (diseases other than a common cold or the flu) through French kissing or from a who is female performing oral sex on a male.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not expect hepatitis B or C to be transmitted in this way. As for other major STDs - syphilis can be transmitted if the female have an oral chancre. Gonorrhea can be present in the mouth (pharngeal gonorrhea) but this is infection is usually not transmitted this way. Herpes simplex can be transmitted through oral sex.
hep c 1a
hepsera and pregnancy
- Fever After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can I Get Hepatitis C From A Bite Wound?
- I Have A Discharge Does That Mean I Have A Std
- Can HIV Live In The Ink For Tattoos?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.